Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

V8 - Is OAuth user sign-up deprecated?

on 3/31/14, 9:37 AM 1,258 views

In V7 it was possible to signup an anonymous user with just an OAuth ID from Facebook or OpenERP.

When I compare the Launchpad repos for V8 auth_oauth_signup vs V7 auth_oauth_signup, I see that only a placeholder module remains with some I18N files.

Is OAuth signup deprecated?

Has the code been moved to a different module?

If I use the old V7 code, will I run up against unpredictable behaviour?

Where I can I follow the decision making conversations that led to this change?

Update 2014/06/11:  I compared the files of the Saas-4 branch and the trunk in GitHub and found that OAuth Signup is only available for SaaS now.  I'd really appreciate some informed feedback about this decision.  What is the roadmap.  Is OAuth Signup being phased out?

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 3/31/14, 9:37 AM
Seen: 1258 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM