Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

[V8]Is it possible to deactivate a website menu?

Mind And Go
on 11/2/14, 1:42 PM 1,478 views

I'm currently working a a website and some menus are not fully finished. How it it possible to hide/activate/deactivate the menus?

The only things I found is to delete those menus.

Remove it for everyone (including admins and you) or for only the users?

Stephen Mack
on 11/2/14, 1:54 PM

Only for public user first.

Mind & Go, Mind And Go
on 11/2/14, 1:59 PM

For the moment no appropriate answer for website menu. Could it be turned into a feature?

Mind & Go, Mind And Go
on 11/4/14, 2:18 AM
On 2/5/15, 10:15 PM

Thanks Bruno, I'll have a look to this soon.

Mind & Go, Mind And Go
on 2/6/15, 8:00 AM

Hy Bruno, It works perfectly but there's a bug when the menu has a parent. The rule is not applicable on submenu. regards

Mind & Go, Mind And Go
on 5/1/15, 7:14 PM

Ben Bernard

--Ben Bernard--
| 4 3 6
Jakarta, Indonesia
--Ben Bernard--
Ben Bernard
On 4/5/16, 6:01 AM

You can assign group, like "Access Right" group, to that menu (the root one), so only user with that group can view it.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

4 follower(s)

Asked: 11/2/14, 1:42 PM
Seen: 1478 times
Last updated: 4/5/16, 6:02 AM