This question has been flagged
8 Replies

I can't edit the follwing sentence neither the link " Read Guidelines"                                                 

"This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services."

But I want to translate into German and change the link to a German Guideline page.

I can't find the correct translation section. In the Forum section it is not listed. In general I find it very difficult to find any translations. The search function is only working if you know the correct field value. Are there any ways or hints to do better on this subject?

Discard
Author Best Answer

It is while ago that I have to change the  "About This Forum" text. So I took again some time until I did find the right field.

1. Go to Settings->Translation->Translated Terms

2. Choose the language

3. Go to Filter (Top right) Advanced Search and search for "Translated field" is forum.forum,description

Discard
Best Answer

Hi.
I put the text that I wanted to appear in the "About This Forum" in the "pt.po" file ("openerp/addons/website_forum/i18n/" folder):

#. module: website_forum
#: model:forum.forum,description:website_forum.forum_help
msgid ""
"<p>This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and "
"services.</p>"
msgstr ""
"<p>Esta comunidade foi criada para utilização dos cooperadores desta instituição</p>"

I restarted the Odoo server but nothing happened. It should not have charged the translation?
All this is very strange because, for example, when I select the deutsch language (in the website) the result under "About this Forum" is "Diese Community steht für erfahrene Anwender und Profis zur Verfügung".
Any ideas or the only solution is wait for the editor to add functionality?

Thanks

Discard

Hi. I found the solution. It is quite easy. We just need select, as admin, the language that we need to process. After that go to Messaging | Forums and edit the "help" record according your wishes... Et voilá! Best regards. Manuel Moura

Best Answer

The forum software is immature... period. :/

Guidelines are not translatable nor accessible from the Odoo back-end (that I can find).  They are loaded from a file under: addons | website_forum | data | forum_default_faq.html  From the source code link below I wonder if the FAQ is copied and stored in the database.

The other text defaults in the addons | website_forum | models | forum.py file and may actually be stored in the database for each forum... I have not investigated that.

UPDATE: I am no Python expert but it looks like it just serves it up from the source code and faq.html file.

Sorry for the bad news and good luck.

UPDATE 2: It seems that Odoo is adding functionality to allow for the edit of the FAQ and About this Forum

Discard
Author

Hi Stepen at least a superadmin I can change the guidelines itself but not translate. But the "About the Forum" Section I don't now how to change.

Updated my answer with the "about the forum" text.

It seems that Odoo is adding functionality to allow for the edit of the FAQ and About this Forum. https://github.com/odoo/odoo/pull/3709/files#r23607087

Best Answer

You read this post: https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/how-translate-fields-html-59445

Discard