This question has been flagged
2 Replies

in my case 80% of our products are called 'fabric'. So the name is nothing to distinguish one product from another.

It's the supplier, a product number, the composition, weight = in short it's attributes that matter. So I would love to be able to use the standard search to search trhough "attribute Values". By default I have to go to >Warehouse >Product Variants and then use the Advanced search > Attributes contains [my search term] in order to find what I am looking for.

Colleagues already have request to put all valuable infos in the product name which would result into something like KGJ1025FA_NUMIR_80%Polyester10%Cotton10%Elastan_width155cm_weight 210gsm.

To me that looks like pretty dirty workaround, but I must admit you can find things quickly with the default search like that.

Still I am looking for the clean solution and so I'd like to know how you could have either

1. "Attribute Values" to be searched by the standard search in "Product Attributes (view #359)   or to
  2. add a search field "Attributes" or "Attribute Values" just beside the standard Search Bar in Product Variants (or maybe even in "Products"

has anybody developed something like that already? Or, how would you do that?

Discard
Author Best Answer

it's actually pretty easy (once you know it)

1. go to >Sales >Product Variants

2. type in your search term in the search bar on the upper right (don't hit 'enter' enter)

3. choose "Search Attributes for:" option from the drop down list that appears

this search actually searches through the "Attribute Values" and not the Attributes
if you follow the same procedure in >Products (instead Product Variants) all Products are listed that have Variants with Attribute Values containing your search term

Discard