This question has been flagged
9 Replies

I buy products per kilogram

I store these products per millimeter because I use them by length in the BOM

But    "kilogram / millimeter"    ratio  is different for each product 

How to use and create the units for the line of PO are properly calculated ?

I have over 500 different products and I do not want to create the 500 categories of unit while it is always kg and mm, only the ratio is hereby amended by product.

Discard
Author Best Answer

In the documentation I find in " How to purchase in different unit of measures than sales?"
         "For the Square Meter, we will specify that 1 Roll = 10 square meters of curtain. It will thus be necessary to specify that as type, the square meter is bigger than the reference unit. The Bigger Ratio is 10 as one Roll = 10 square meters."

But how do when for a second roll we have 12 square meters ? And for another, 17 square meters ?

Discard
Best Answer

You do not have 500 different Units of Measure, but 500 different BoMs.

Discard
Author

I prefer give you exemples . I have 5 products PRODUCT1 is manufactured with BOM1 PRODUCT2 is manufactured with BOM2 PRODUCT3 is manufactured with BOM3 COIL15 is raw material : 1 meter of COIL15 = 12 kilogram COIL18 is raw material : 1 meter of COIL18 = 18 kilogram BOM1 = 400 mm of COIL15 + machining ( 2 hours) BOM2 = 100 mm of COIL15 + machining ( 1 hours) BOM3 = 150 mm of COIL18 + machining ( 1 hours) Manufacturing Order : MO1 = 10 PRODUCT1 ===> purchase order is for 10 x 400 = 4000mm = 4 m => 4 x 12 kg MO2 = 10 PRODUCT2 ===> purchase order is for 10 x 100 = 1000mm = 1 m => 1 x 12 kg MO3 = 10 PRODUCT3 ===> purchase order is for 10 x 150 = 1500mm = 1,5 m => 1,5 x 18 kg With yousolution I need UOM for COIL15 with ratio 1/12 between meter/kilograme anoter UOM for COIL18 with ratio 1/18 between meter/kilograme I look for a solution to use ratio in relation with the product not with the UOM because in warehouse is mesure the stock in meter or millimeter but I purchase by kiligramme In standard Odo8, ratio is a field " Unit of Mesure / Categorie of Unit " i prefer ratio is a field "Product" Thank you for you help .

You do not expect me to try to figure out what you want to explain me???? I do not have the time to decipher your text. It would be nice if you could edit your question and format it nicely and readable, maybe provide some nice images.

Author

Hello I buy "raw material" products by kg and I use to mm. (Ex: 25 mm diameter steel bar purchased in kg but stored and consumed at millimeter) The first idea would be to create a new category of units with two sub units (kg and mm) But this is complicated when - For the same diameter that coefficient may vary depending on the purchase and the material density - I have a hundred different diameters So the number of categories of unity becomes unmanageable I would like to know if it is possible for each product ( raw material ) : - To choose the unit of purchase (ie with a purchase price depending on the unit) - To choose the management unit in the warehouse - Enter the factor that connects those two units (which will enable to know the valuation in the warehouse) and without that one is forced to choose these two units in the same category. (Systematic error) This requires that the factor is specific to each product and not to each unit. Thank you in advance for your ideas

Author

I prefer give you exemples . I have 5 products PRODUCT1 is manufactured with BOM1 PRODUCT2 is manufactured with BOM2 PRODUCT3 is manufactured with BOM3 COIL15 is raw material : 1 meter of COIL15 = 12 kilogram COIL18 is raw material : 1 meter of COIL18 = 18 kilogram BOM1 = 400 mm of COIL15 + machining ( 2 hours) BOM2 = 100 mm of COIL15 + machining ( 1 hours) BOM3 = 150 mm of COIL18 + machining ( 1 hours) Manufacturing Order : MO1 = 10 PRODUCT1 ===> purchase order is for 10 x 400 = 4000mm = 4 m => 4 x 12 kg MO2 = 10 PRODUCT2 ===> purchase order is for 10 x 100 = 1000mm = 1 m => 1 x 12 kg MO3 = 10 PRODUCT3 ===> purchase order is for 10 x 150 = 1500mm = 1,5 m => 1,5 x 18 kg With your solution I need UOM for COIL15 with ratio 1/12 meter/kilograme anoter UOM for COIL18 with ratio 1/18 meter/kilograme I look for a solution to use ratio in relation with the product not with the UOM because in warehouse is mesure the stock in meter or millimeter but I purchase by kiligramme In standard Odo8, ratio is a field " Unit of Mesure / Categorie of Unit " i prefer ratio is a field "Product" Thank you for you help .

Author

I fail to structure my text When I put spacing lines disappear when sending the comment

Author

In the documentation I find in " How to purchase in different unit of measures than sales?" "For the Square Meter, we will specify that 1 Roll = 10 square meters of curtain. It will thus be necessary to specify that as type, the square meter is bigger than the reference unit. The Bigger Ratio is 10 as one Roll = 10 square meters." But how do when for a second roll we have 12 sqare meters ? And for another, 17 sqare meters ?

Try to edit your original question, there are no formatting options for comments.