Odoo Help

[v8] how to change the product template, so a new product is marked as 'Stockable Product' by default

By
gunnar
on 3/3/15, 8:07 PM 1,552 views

the question says is all basically when creating a new product by default it is marked as "consumable product'. In my case I almost always want to create a 'Stockable Product' though. Is there a way to set this up as the default option?

Hi,, Have you tried giving default for that field??

Baiju KS
on 3/4/15, 1:16 AM

no. how would you do that?

gunnar
on 3/4/15, 1:36 AM
Michael Thomas
On 3/3/15, 9:01 PM

Through the GUI I don't believe so. I don't see a way anyway. You should be able to do it programatically. 

The field you are looking for is the "type" field in the product.template model. It is originally defined in /addons/product/product.py. You can change it in that file, but it may not work since I think this column is inherited and changed somewhere else. Best practice is to create a custom module and inherit the model with this column:

'type': fields.selection([('product','Stockable Product'),('consu', 'Consumable'),('service','Service')], 'Product Type', required=True, default='product' help="Consumable are product where you don't manage stock, a service is a non-material product provided by a company or an individual.")

Also, you will find information on the default fields in the ORM API docs for 8.0:

https://www.odoo.com/documentation/8.0/reference/orm.html#creating-models     

Hi Gunnar,

You can set default value for any of field from selected form view. Just see the below screen. User can set default value from "debug" mode.

Set Default Screen

I hope this will help you.

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/3/15, 8:07 PM
Seen: 1552 times
Last updated: 8/27/16, 4:32 AM