Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

[v8] how can you use/setup different UoM, UoP for a product in odoo 8.0?

on 11/22/14, 5:48 AM 1,585 views

according this post  it seems this is possible in v7 but I can't get it ging in odoo 8.0. Can be that I just can't wrap my head around it, there are some modules needed for that which are not ported to 8.0 yet like this one for example. Anyone any insight in this matter?

In my practical case I want to buy an aelastic band in meters [UoP = m] and use it in production per piece [UoM = Unit(s)]. Each of these pieces is 1.15 m long). This product can not be sold. It is being cut and used as a component for another product which is being sold then.

I understand that something called UoP > UoM Coefficient should be doing this 'transformation'. I would expect that as soon I choose m as my unit of Purchase in the procurement tab of my product, the Coefficient should appear somewhat. But it doesn't. I only get and error about a unit of measure Categorie mismatch when I am trying to save my product like this.

Furthermore I tried to add a supplier in the producrement tab. There is a field Suppliers Unit Of Measure but that is being filled automatically based on the UoP

EDIT: I found a module https://www.odoo.com/apps/7.0/purchase_product_uos that might be adding the functionality we need but couldn't test it yet because I have problems downloading it from launchpad. Is anybody using that and can say whether it does what I hope it does (adding a UoP -> UoM Coefficient)?

On 11/22/14, 6:26 AM

First enable technical features

settings-->user-->(your user)-->accesibility-->technical feature

tick this check box then..

then settings-->configuration-->sales    forsales configuration

settings-->configuration-->purchase     for purchase configuration

Yes...follow this.. u can setting different UOM on Odoo

on 11/22/14, 8:24 AM

with that I get half way. UoS can be different then the UoM. The "Unit of Measure -> UOS Coeff" appears in the Sales tab of my product. But setting different UoP (in the Procurement tab) gets me a mismatch between UoM & UoP error message. Looks like there is just missing a Coefficient functionality between Purchase and internal UoM. I guess that is what the Module [purchase_product_uos] I mentioned in my Question is for. Will check whether that can be installed in v8

on 11/22/14, 9:09 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Asked: 11/22/14, 5:48 AM
Seen: 1585 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM