Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

[v8] how can I teach odoo to list a new database in the login window?

By
gunnar
on 11/6/14, 5:38 AM 652 views

I made a dump of an odoo database with pgdump, retored that dump file into a new database and wonder now hoe do I tell odoo that is shoud list that new databse in the login window.

sudo su – postgres -s /bin/bash

pg_dump [database name] [dump_name]

createdb [new_database]

pgsl [new_database] > [dump_name]

is what I did. I can see that there is a new databse (psql -l) and the restore procedure was sucessfull I think. I restarted the odoo-server but can't choose my new database in the login window. may I have to restart odoo in any arguments in order to get the connection running?

A simple refresh of your webpage should be enough. (A hard refresh)

Yenthe
on 11/6/14, 5:52 AM

how do I hard refresh my webpage? I have tried F5, deleting the cache. Did not do the trick. I noted another thing though ... psgl -l show my new databse being owned by postgres while another database I made from the odoo interface is being owned by odoo. Maybe that could be the reason ... just how do I change ownership. I guess there must be a postgres command of some sort that does that

gunnar
on 11/6/14, 6:02 AM

Yenthe

--Yenthe--
| 7 7 8
Turnhout, Belgium
--Yenthe--

My Odoo blog: http://www.odoo.yenthevg.com/

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/Yenthe666

Yenthe
On 11/6/14, 6:16 AM

... You've made the new database under the wrong user [postgres] which is not used for your Odoo. The easiest way is to use sudo su odoo and then create the new database once again from the dump. After you did that and do an F5 you'll see it is in the list. The current DB you made is now under another user and this is the reason it is not showing up in your list.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

3 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 11/6/14, 5:38 AM
Seen: 652 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM