Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

[v8] how can I check to which database I have logged in to from inside the web interface?

on 10/26/14, 10:14 PM 644 views

some people might have a second database to do tests in.

Especially the fact that your Sessions in 8.0 never end (not even by shutdown of your server) if you have not specifically logged out it can easily happen you do some work in in the wron database. So sometime is could be helpfull to assure yourselft which database you have acctually looked in to from inside of the web interface ... any way to do that?

Ben Bernard

--Ben Bernard--
| 4 3 6
Jakarta, Indonesia
--Ben Bernard--
Ben Bernard
On 10/26/14, 11:29 PM
  • from url, "db" parameter is available after you choose database, something like this

• activate "developer mode", on the user menu (upper right), the current database is appended after user name

URL method is not 100% reliable. I got URL's like this at times Developer mode method works, even though I don't find it ideal

on 10/27/14, 1:16 AM

I agree, that the url method is not reliable. I think it's not necessary to show db parameter in url. I don't know why Odoo choose this method.

Ben Bernard
on 10/27/14, 3:01 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 10/26/14, 10:14 PM
Seen: 644 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM