This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hello

Iam using the latest github 8.0 RC1. I imported a list of colors under attributes. What is the fastest way to add these attribute values to a product template. Moreover I have to add a internal reference and a ean code for every product variant.

Can someone tell me a better way then manually adding attributes -> exporting the variants and then reimporting with ean and reference.

Is it possible to import attribute, ean and internal reference in one task?

Discard
Author Best Answer

I found a way to achieve my goal but please, if somebody knows a quicker way, that would be much appreciated.

First I have to export my the specific attribute "LipstickColor" which yields a csv with all the corresponding values in a column. 

In the next step I transpose the value colum to a row, save as csv to get all the values in a row seperated bei a coma.

Then I export the product template with "attribute_line_ids/id, attribute_line_ids/attribute_id/id, attribute_line_ids/value_ids/id" and add the string of values under value_ids/id.

After reimporting I have the different variants.

Now I have to export the different variants to add internal reference and ean code and reimport again.

That is very timeconsuming.

Is there a quicker way to add all attribute values of a given attribute to a product template, or maybe import a list of variants with internal reference, ean, AND a singel attribute value?

Discard
Best Answer

I am new to odoo and I am struggeling with the same problem. Is there anyone who'd found a more comfortable/faster way?

When I am importing the attributes Odoo is creating all possible combinations and sets it either to active if active is true or to inactive if active is false.

This has bad consequences for my webshop because the result are product variations which I cannot offer (for example: 5meter gray - where I can just provide 3m gray patch cable or 5m blue patch cable).

Till now I deactivated the product variants manually so that they won't be visible in the webshop.

Is there anyone who stumbled across a better solution?

Discard