This question has been flagged
1 Reply

... or do I have a bug on a server which only has Sales & Warehouse?

if Manufacturing and/or Purchase would be required to see those fields I'd say that is a weird design decision. I think it's completely reasonable to enable a user that only uses Sales/Warehouse (or even only Sales) to have acces to these fields

Discard
Best Answer

It should be available even if you don't have Warehouse & Sales module, at least that is my experience with v7. Is it possible that it is actually got hidden by custom modules?

Discard
Author

I am on v8. I have a custom module (crm_refcodes) installed which makes a "Contact Reference" visible and Searchable. But I have 2 machines. Both have this crm_refcodes installed and only one of them does not show the "Internal Reference" & "EAN13 Barcode" fields. Both of them are on the same (6a8d070d581e17f2e6f032e6c98670cb75db5fe0) commit of my git installation. One thing that looks a little suspicous: on my testing server (which shows the "Internal Reference" field) I have a menu item called "Accounting" while on the "bad" server (where the "Internal Reference" does not show it says "Invoicing". Both have the same Accounting and invoice Modules installed (account_voucher, stock_account, account & analytic)

I haven't been able to test it myself, but according to some posts, v8 actually uses product.template model for the Product menu and product.product model can be accessed from Product Variants. Maybe you should try that. product.template does not have EAN and Internal References fields by the way.

Author

That was it, great! As soon you use product variants, the fields "Reference" and "EAN13" only appear in the product attributes view (product.product) but not in the product view (product.template) anymore