This question has been flagged

I can backup and restore from my local machine where OpenERP is installed but not from other machines connected on the LAN where I recieve "AccessDenied". Has anyone got this working? If so I hope you can share with me.

Discard

did you defined admin password in conf file ?

Author

Thank you for your suggestion. The .conf after installation ends up with a admin password saved correctly in admin_passwd but only localhost machine webclient backup works. All other LAN webclients can not do a backup from the webclient. I can drop the Databases and create database fine from LAN webclients. Has anyone else had the same?

Author

I have isolated the issue somewhat more. It only happens on a configured company file. eg A newly created company file can backup and restore from external sources but the company files with extensive data does not backup remotely (with and error "access denial") but can backup on the localhost?

Best Answer

This problem is faced when you changed your admin pwd different then the 'admin'. Check your openerp.conf file, If you assign the config file on server parameter and set the admin pwd as a admin because OpenERP doesn't allow the different pwd rather than admin.

Thank you!

Discard
Author

After my complete new installation I have tested without issue and I have found the admin password can be changed without issue. Thank you for your reply.

Author Best Answer

Fixed by complete new installation.

Discard
Best Answer

I had the same problem and in my case the problem was the web browser.

Try to use Google Chrome.

Discard

+1, same result

Author

I my case I have used IE, Chrome and Firefox all with the same issue.