Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

[V7]Top level account of the chart is not correctly balanced! Amazing!

By
Mind And Go
on 11/14/14, 10:11 AM 692 views

Hy,

I have a very strange issue.
I print the account general balance and the debit is <> from the credit. How is it possible? The top level account should be balanced, right?

I made further investigations and print the report mont by mont and the issue seems to coming from the latest month and more precisely on the latest day of the exercice. That's what the report seems to indicate.

yet when I display all the account move lines on the latest day, group by ledger, all the ledgers of the current day are correctly balanced!

What are the additionnal test I can make? Does it sounds like a bug? How can I recompute all the views accounts?

Regards

Mind And Go
On 11/18/14, 5:00 PM

Yipeeee!!

Some views account were inactive and now it's solved!

Anas Taji

--Anas Taji--
| 6 7 8
Amman, Jordan
--Anas Taji--

Email: anas.taji@smartway-jo.com

Anas Taji
On 11/15/14, 12:19 PM

Top level account must show ZERO in the balance field in case of trial balance. However, there is some cases it won't:

1. Unbalanced entry(ies) has been posted somehow.
  2. You are including "All Entries" while requesting the report, which may include draft (unbalanced) entry(ies) in the aggregation process.
  3. Report may contains a bug in the aggregation process, you can verify by doing a manual aggregation in the COA for Debit & Credit of level 1 View Accounts (Children of top level account)

Also its usefull to tell us the amount of difference (The Balance).

Hy, Thanks for your support. From now the difference is only about 800€. Currently when I go to the COA, I can see that there is a difference between the balance of the 2 level 1 accounts of 800€ I have no unbalanced entries and no draft moves. I displayed all the account.move.lines between the start date and start end of the exercice and all the ledger are balanced.

Mind & Go, Mind And Go
on 11/18/14, 4:57 PM

michel Guénard

--michel Guénard--
| 5 5 8
VIROFLAY, France
--michel Guénard--

VP operations & finance Social entrepreneur Certified Public Accountant Past Chief internal auditor

michel Guénard
On 11/15/14, 9:17 AM

One of your account might not be correctly setup within the chart of account tree.

did you created or modified an account on the last date of the period for which you are requesting the trial balance report?

Hy, Thanks for your suggestion. We're used to create/modify accounts. I ve checked if all the accounts were properly set with the good parent an it's the case.

Mind & Go, Mind And Go
on 11/18/14, 4:16 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 11/14/14, 10:11 AM
Seen: 692 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM