Odoo Help

v7 on Ubuntu distro - file location

By
dark
on 1/12/14, 4:04 PM 1,107 views

Hi boys, I have installed original UBUNTU distro on virtual server. So, where I can find openerp files and addons directory?

I have one files on : 1) /var/lib/~python-support/python2.7/openerp but this is only simlinks ??

Another files are : 2) /usr/share/pyshared/openerp

but when I uploaded module to 2) - openerp dont´t found it... When I uploaded to 1) - it´s OK... But why I have this files 2x?

Grover Menacho
On 1/13/14, 12:37 PM

If you've installed from .deb version.

Write on your console:

sudo nano /etc/openerp/openerp-server.conf

And you'll find there the addons path, also you can add more addons paths separated by ","

Usually modules are here: /usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/openerp/addons

Martin T
On 1/13/14, 12:23 PM

Number one, is the normal place for python 2.7 on ubunto. var/lib/python-support/python2.7 So that's oke, but you normally don't have any openerp directory below.

If you install openerp normally it asked for a location like:

/opt/openerp/ <----- is this available on your system. The add-ons are normally under /opt/openerp/server-version/add-ons.

In that way, if you will update your python version openerp will normally be able to work with a new version.

Number two is something that's been installed for shared libraries between python.

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 1/12/14, 4:04 PM
Seen: 1107 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM