Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

v7 on Ubuntu distro - file location

By
dark
on 1/12/14, 4:04 PM 900 views

Hi boys, I have installed original UBUNTU distro on virtual server. So, where I can find openerp files and addons directory?

I have one files on : 1) /var/lib/~python-support/python2.7/openerp but this is only simlinks ??

Another files are : 2) /usr/share/pyshared/openerp

but when I uploaded module to 2) - openerp dont´t found it... When I uploaded to 1) - it´s OK... But why I have this files 2x?

Grover Menacho

--Grover Menacho--
| 5 7 8
La Paz, Bolivia
--Grover Menacho--

Systems Engineer + MBA

Grover Menacho
On 1/13/14, 12:37 PM

If you've installed from .deb version.

Write on your console:

sudo nano /etc/openerp/openerp-server.conf

And you'll find there the addons path, also you can add more addons paths separated by ","

Usually modules are here: /usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/openerp/addons

Martin T
On 1/13/14, 12:23 PM

Number one, is the normal place for python 2.7 on ubunto. var/lib/python-support/python2.7 So that's oke, but you normally don't have any openerp directory below.

If you install openerp normally it asked for a location like:

/opt/openerp/ <----- is this available on your system. The add-ons are normally under /opt/openerp/server-version/add-ons.

In that way, if you will update your python version openerp will normally be able to work with a new version.

Number two is something that's been installed for shared libraries between python.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 1/12/14, 4:04 PM
Seen: 900 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM