Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

v7, how to hide suppliers info from sale teams?

By
Fanha Giang
on 11/26/14, 1:16 AM 1,158 views

Hi

I don't want sale team to see suppliers info, and the supplier price list, how can I do that? is that need custom modules?

regards

Baiju

--Baiju--
| 5 4 8
Kochi, India
--Baiju--
ODOO technical and functional

I like learning new thing, especially technical thing. I am a quick learner, I can learn technical things very fast. I have good logical skill,  I have immense interest in programming.

e-mail id : baijuks@hotmail.com

Baiju
On 11/26/14, 1:28 AM

Hi Fanha,

You can set access rights from Menu :

Settings --> Groups --> Access Rights tab

or

you can give groups attribute in view part( ie. in .xml file)

like :- <field name="product_uom" groups="product.group_uom"/>

is there any documents about these settings? :)

Fanha Giang
on 12/3/14, 2:14 AM

Settings --> Groups --> Access Rights tab in the object, select the line: Information about a product supplier and not stick any right.

Fanha Giang
on 6/25/15, 3:42 AM
Fanha Giang
On 12/2/14, 12:49 PM

Create a new group in Settings / Users / Groups ex: Sale / no suppliers

Create a new sercurity rule in Settings / Security / Record rules

In Object, choice Partner

In the domain field, add:

[('supplier','=',False)]

Add the group: Sale / no suppliers

Done.

Fanha, this will make the Sales Group has access to documents that has no supplier. So, documents that has suppliers will not be displayed. That, I don't think this is what you are trying to achieve. Baiju's answer maybe a better approach.

Ivan
on 12/2/14, 7:44 PM

Hi John Doe, thx for feedback, have just update the answer, missing the partner object info. I need to hide all suppliers from the sale team. about the documents, what is documents? where can I find and check? regards.

Fanha Giang
on 12/2/14, 8:48 PM

Fanha, I used the word documents for instances/records of Sale Order, etc. Sorry, it is the normal lingo that I used with my team, shouldn't have used that term.

Ivan
on 12/2/14, 8:57 PM

hi John Doe, yes, you are right. after apply it to the exist sale group, all other user who is belongs to that group will not see the supplier too. So I create a new group for that rule and add the specific user into that group. still not sure any other problem with this move.

Fanha Giang
on 12/3/14, 2:10 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 11/26/14, 1:16 AM
Seen: 1158 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM