This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Hi

I don't want sale team to see suppliers info, and the supplier price list, how can I do that? is that need custom modules?

regards

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Fanha,

You can set access rights from Menu :

Settings --> Groups --> Access Rights tab

or

you can give groups attribute in view part( ie. in .xml file)

like :- <field name="product_uom" groups="product.group_uom"/>

Discard
Author

is there any documents about these settings? :)

Author

Settings --> Groups --> Access Rights tab in the object, select the line: Information about a product supplier and not stick any right.

Best Answer

I was try this ay but fail, it still shown all contact list or error when load new page, I try with Odoo 15

Discard
Author Best Answer

Create a new group in Settings / Users / Groups ex: Sale / no suppliers

Create a new sercurity rule in Settings / Security / Record rules

In Object, choice Partner

In the domain field, add:

[('supplier','=',False)]

Add the group: Sale / no suppliers

Done.

Discard

Fanha, this will make the Sales Group has access to documents that has no supplier. So, documents that has suppliers will not be displayed. That, I don't think this is what you are trying to achieve. Baiju's answer maybe a better approach.

Author

Hi John Doe, thx for feedback, have just update the answer, missing the partner object info. I need to hide all suppliers from the sale team. about the documents, what is documents? where can I find and check? regards.

Fanha, I used the word documents for instances/records of Sale Order, etc. Sorry, it is the normal lingo that I used with my team, shouldn't have used that term.

Author

hi John Doe, yes, you are right. after apply it to the exist sale group, all other user who is belongs to that group will not see the supplier too. So I create a new group for that rule and add the specific user into that group. still not sure any other problem with this move.