Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

V7 Config file

By
Manuel Kirstetter
on 3/23/13, 8:51 PM 1,482 views

Hello,

I installed OpenERP V7 on a fresh Debian Squeeze install, everything is working except that the config file located at /etc/openerp/openerp-server.conf doesn't seem to be taken into account, i.e. when I change the db_password value it still connect to the database although the pass is not the valid one, same for the db_user..

Any thought on this issue?

AJ Schrafel Paper Corp

--AJ Schrafel Paper Corp--
| 4 5 8
Bronx, United States
--AJ Schrafel Paper Corp--

Exploring OpenERP for business

AJ Schrafel Paper Corp
On 3/24/13, 12:44 AM

include -c and the path/file name of your config file when you start the server

Thank you for your answer. Indeed it works when I launch it from command line, however I want to use the given init script, which does not seem to load the config file

Manuel Kirstetter
on 3/24/13, 6:10 AM
Manuel Kirstetter
On 3/24/13, 7:43 AM

Ok I got it, in /etc/init.d/openerp simply replacing:

start-stop-daemon --start --quiet --pidfile /var/run/${NAME}.pid --chuid ${USER} --background --make-pidfile --exec ${DAEMON} -- --config=${CONFIG} --logfile=${LOGFILE}

By:

start-stop-daemon --start --quiet --pidfile /var/run/${NAME}.pid --chuid ${USER} --background --make-pidfile --exec ${DAEMON} -- --config=/etc/openerp/openerp-server.conf --logfile=${LOGFILE}

did the trick

Not enough points to accept my own answer..

Manuel Kirstetter
on 3/24/13, 7:44 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/23/13, 8:51 PM
Seen: 1482 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM