This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Hi! I have purchased the licence for a couple of modules using the 14 version of Odoo and the cloud hosted solution.

I'm trying to use the API in order to integrate Odoo with some external services I have.

Following the documentation: https://www.odoo.com/documentation/master/webservices/odoo.html

I cannot authenticate, when I try I get the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "test.py", line 13, in <module>

uid = common.login(db, username, password)

File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/xmlrpclib.py", line 1243, in __call__

return self.__send(self.__name, args)

File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/xmlrpclib.py", line 1602, in __request

verbose=self.__verbose

File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/xmlrpclib.py", line 1283, in request

return self.single_request(host, handler, request_body, verbose)

File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/xmlrpclib.py", line 1316, in single_request

return self.parse_response(response)

File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/xmlrpclib.py", line 1493, in parse_response

return u.close()

File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/xmlrpclib.py", line 800, in close

raise Fault(**self._stack[0])

xmlrpclib.Fault: <Fault 1: 'Traceback (most recent call last):\n  File "/home/odoo/src/odoo/14.0/odoo/addons/base/controllers/rpc.py", line 69, in xmlrpc_2\n    response = self._xmlrpc(service)\n  File "/home/odoo/src/odoo/14.0/odoo/addons/base/controllers/rpc.py", line 49, in _xmlrpc\n    result = dispatch_rpc(service, method, params)\n  File "/home/odoo/src/odoo/14.0/odoo/http.py", line 140, in dispatch_rpc\n    result = dispatch(method, params)\n  File "/home/odoo/src/odoo/14.0/odoo/service/common.py", line 56, in dispatch\n    return g[exp_method_name](*params)\n  File "/home/odoo/src/odoo/14.0/odoo/service/common.py", line 20, in exp_login\n    return exp_authenticate(db, login, password, None)\n  File "/home/odoo/src/odoo/14.0/odoo/service/common.py", line 25, in exp_authenticate\n    res_users = odoo.registry(db)[\'res.users\']\n  File "/home/odoo/src/odoo/14.0/odoo/__init__.py", line 104, in registry\n    return modules.registry.Registry(database_name)\n  File "/home/odoo/src/odoo/14.0/odoo/modules/registry.py", line 63, in __new__\n    return cls.registries[db_name]\n  File "/home/odoo/src/odoo/14.0/odoo/tools/func.py", line 71, in wrapper\n    return func(self, *args, **kwargs)\n  File "/home/odoo/src/odoo/14.0/odoo/tools/lru.py", line 34, in __getitem__\n    a = self.d[obj]\nTypeError: unhashable type: \'list\'\n'>

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Juan.

Did you solve it ?
I was starting with API last week.
It now works fine but I had to review some of my local settings to make it work.

Did you activate the API password on your instance ?

Best,

V.

Discard
Author Best Answer

I tried using the documentation:

common = xmlrpc.client.ServerProxy('{}/xmlrpc/2/common'.format(url))
version = common.version()

print(version)

uid = common.login(db, username, password)

print(uid)

I also tried the php connector and got the same result.

Discard
Best Answer

Hi,

Can you add the code that you tried along with the question ? See the working of odoo xmlrpc, here: Odoo XMLRPC : Connect Odoo With External Applications

Also can you try with python 3 and see.

Thanks

Discard