This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Three issues:

1) Processing of bounce emails using the odoo-mailgate.py script logs that it's not a bounce email

2) Delivering bounce emails to 'bounce' alias creates discussions but doesn't update 'bounce' data in Email Marketing

Issue detail

1) Processing of bounce emails using the odoo-mailgate.py script logs that it's not a bounce email

I see I see 'IndexError: list index out of range' is my log files for line 1343 of _message_parse_extractr_bounce.  This looks for a 'Final-Recipient' header but the remote MTA is (incorrectly) creating 'Final-recipient' (note the difference in case)  To my inexpert eye, it seems that 'for h in message.get_all(header, []) if h' (in decode_message_header) is failing.

My DSN is:

Content-Type: message/delivery-status; charset=UTF-8;
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Reporting-MTA: dns; cm2nec [10.103.251.2]
Received-From-MTA: dns; my.server.goes.here [IP.ADDRESS.GOES.HERE]
Arrival-Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2020 23:09:54 +0100

Final-recipient: rfc822; email@example.com
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550-5.1.1 The email account that you tried to reach does not exist. Please try

Last-attempt-Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2020 23:09:54 +0100

2) Delivering bounce emails to 'bounce' alias creates discussions but doesn't update 'bounce' data in Email Marketing

Does anybody know why this is happening ? 

For my 'bounce' alias, I have 'Actions to Perform on Incoming Mails' set to 'Mass Mailing'

Discard

I have to confess that I do not understand your issues. I only know, that Odoo does exactly what is normally expected out of the box with the default configuration.

Author Best Answer

This was all resolved by turning OFF the use of campaigns and by always duplicating a NEW mailing, rather than duplicating an old one.  I always keep a copy of mailings in the 'New' queue now, rather than sending them and then copying them.  I've no idea why (or how) it now works.

Discard

This is also not necessary in the default configuration. I would try to empty the Action to perform on incoming Mails, as it is also empty by default.