This question has been flagged

Hi there,

we have some wares we want to sell as B-Ware. My idea was to add an new attribute to the variants:

Others: B-Ware

If i do so, all existing variants are taged with the B-Ware too and none of them is without. Is there any way to tell Odoo I only want to add an attribute for some specific combinations of attributes? The problem is, I don´t have a second one I want to add. I could add "A-Ware" or something like this, than I would have both options and could deactivate all the unwanted combinations.

But then on each cost request or sales order is the attribute with "A-Ware" and this just looks stupid.

The only other way I found was to export all the attributes for each variant and kick the unwanted out, import the file and then I have the product combinations I want to have. This is easy when there is a small amount of variants, but the moment it will be more, it´s a bit annoying.

2 more Questions to the Variants:

I also don´t understand why I can create a variant, but I´m not allowed to add attributes, why?

Sometimes after I added some attributes Odoo did not calculate the possible variants new. Sometimes it does, why? For example I had 3 colors (green, blue and red). Then I added 3 sizes (M, L, XL). At one product the variants changed from 3 to 9, at the other product they stayed at 3 and i had to delete everything and start all over before Odoo calculated the variants again.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Discard