This question has been flagged
12 Replies

Hi,

I can't see list of documents in v8 "Knowledge" menu, as we could in v7

Is this a bug ?

Discard
Best Answer

Find the attachments at: Settings -> Technical -> Database Structure -> Attachments [Menu is visible if the user have 'Technical Features' rights]

Discard
Best Answer

Almost a year of the original question and the problem persists. :-(

Well, to ..\addons\document\document_view.xml  after line 256. add this

<menuitem name="Documents" id="menu_document_doc" parent="knowledge.menu_document" sequence="0"/>

<menuitem

name="Documents"

action="action_document_file_form"

id="menu_document_files"

parent="menu_document_doc"

sequence="0"

/>

If "documents" have been installed remove and 'reinstall' it   from settings --> Configuration --> Knowledge

Discard
Best Answer

This is a bug. Seems the menu creation command was omitted on the bundled  document module in odoo v8. Surprised no one has mentioned it after such a long time.

Discard
Author Best Answer

Odoo team : Is this a bug ? When will it be corrected ?

Thanks for answer

Discard

Hello, I have the same problem, have you received an answer? Regards, David

Author

Hi Dabid, I haven't received any answer from Odoo or someone else, so I "hacked" the menus to get this entry visible

Hi Jean-Marc, could you explain how you did this please? Thanks.

Author

Configuration menu User interface Menu elements Added 2 elements : - "Documents" in "Knowledge" (parent) Menu, with no action - Anoter "Documents" in newly created "Documents" menu, with ir.actions.act_window as an action, and "Documents" as the object

Hi, thank for the quick feedback.

I created the menu's as you suggest but they do not appear. I must be missing something to get them to appear under the 'Knowledge' menu.

I noticed in 'Menu Items' that there already is another Knowledge menu, presumably for the documents and attachments saved on the system called 'Knowledge/Collaborative Content'. This menu also does not display under 'Knowledge'.
There are no groups defined under 'Knowledge/Collaborative Content' and mousing over 'Group name' displays the pop-up message "If you have groups, the visibility of this menu will be based on these groups. If this field is empty, Odoo will compute visibility based on the related object's read access."

Not to sure where to go from here. What was your experience to get this working? Thanks.
Evin Lavery

On 11.01.2015 10:11, Jean-Marc Dupont wrote:
<blockquote cite="mid:1420967515.121412038803101.467163086613154-openerp-61362-forum.post@accounts.odoo.com" type="cite">

Configuration menu User interface Menu elements Added 2 elements : - "Documents" in "Knowledge" (parent) Menu, with no action - Anoter "Documents" in newly created "Documents" menu, with ir.actions.act_window as an action, and "Documents" as the object

--
Jean-Marc Dupont
Sent by Odoo S.A. using Odoo about Forum Post False
Author

I forgot : you have to add the group "Knowledge/User" in the menu element And verify that your users have the Knowledge combo box set to "User" in Access rights

Thanks. That worked. Access rights were already set. I just applied group "Knowledge/User" to the menu item 'Knowledge' and that was enough. Strange that this is not already set up as default, do you know why this is?

The 'Sequence' field when creating the menus has no other function except to say how high it is on the list right, it has no bearing on function, is that correct?

Thanks.
Evin Lavery

On 11.01.2015 23:03, Jean-Marc Dupont wrote:
<blockquote cite="mid:1421013792.213294029235840.835296201883719-openerp-61362-forum.post@accounts.odoo.com" type="cite">

I forgot : you have to add the group "Knowledge/User" in the menu element And verify that your users have the Knowledge combo box set to "User" in Access rights

--
Jean-Marc Dupont
Sent by Odoo S.A. using Odoo about Forum Post False