Odoo Help

Using message_post()

By
Alex Gallien
on 8/6/14, 7:05 PM 1,610 views

I am trying to use message_post() to add a message to the OpenChatter log whenever a product is changed in a sales order line. From what I can tell, that involves using mail.thread.message_post(). I figured that it should be included in the product_id_change function in sales.order.line so that it is called every time that a product is changed. My code looks something like this

class sales_order_detail_field(osv.Model):

_name = 'sale.order.line'

_inherit = ['sale.order.line','mail.thread']

_columns = {

'line_comment': fields.text('Comment'),

'part_no': fields.related('product_id', 'default_code', type='char', string ="Part Number"),

}

def product_id_change(self, cr, uid, ids, pricelist, product, qty=0, uom=False, qty_uos=0, uos=False, name='', partner_id=False, lang=False, update_tax=True, date_order=False, packaging=False, fiscal_position=False, flag=False, context=None):

{bulk of the product_id_change function that is irrelevant to this}

self.message_post(cr, uid, ids, subject='Product Change', body="A sales order line has been changed")

return {'value': result, 'domain': domain, 'warning': warning}

I feel like this should post a message every time the product is changed in a SO line, but nothing happens. I am not getting any errors at this point, but am also not getting any messages. Any idea why? Thanks!

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/6/14, 7:05 PM
Seen: 1610 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM