Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Using licence (paying) on a on-premise OpenERP 7 installation

By
Thierry Mallard
on 6/14/13, 5:32 PM 1,521 views

Hello,

It's not clear to me how I should configure my on-premise OpenERP 7 installation to use a 10-user licence I bought recently.

I've got a referral code, but, if not mistaken, this is not supposed to be configured on the server itself.

First hints given on twitter are that I should allow external authentification (OAuth) so that I can use OpenERP.com accounts. This seems OK but at the moment there are still some issues :

1/ For this configuration to work, it seems I need to allow, on the portal configuration, external users to connect (using a template, here "Template user") : this allows anyone to create accounts on my server (?) 2/ I can't see really where I can link users on my server with OpenERP. com accounts

I wonder if the solution is to allow temporally external accounts creation, then have my 10 users connect once on my server using OpenERP.com accounts, and then disable again external accounts creation to prevent unknown users to come on my server (?).

Any hints/feedback welcome !

Thierry Mallard
On 6/17/13, 4:32 PM

What seems to be working :

1. On my instance (on-premise) :

-> Configuration / General parameters

-> Portal access / Allow external users to connect

-> AND Authentification / User external identification (Google, Facebook, ...)

(Remember to apply)

2. Log in OpenERP.com with the desired user

3. Then connect to the on-premise instance : the user is locally created

4. When every users are created using this way, change the local configuration to disable « Allow extern users to connect »

michel Guénard

--michel Guénard--
| 5 5 8
VIROFLAY, France
--michel Guénard--

VP operations & finance Social entrepreneur Certified Public Accountant Past Chief internal auditor

michel Guénard
On 6/15/13, 8:30 PM

To create the users: Menus to use: More (last right menu top line of screen)

then configuration; then - on the left pane, go down to Users;

then create

Sorry but I don't see how this makes the link between the http://OpenERP.com accounts (paying licence) and my on-premise instance (?)

Thierry Mallard
on 6/17/13, 4:15 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/14/13, 5:32 PM
Seen: 1521 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM