Hi guys. I was trying to make a script for making backups in the shell and I shreddered something. Need help now. :)
That´s what I did:
- I made a db backup with pg_dump -Fc
- I renamed the original db in the shell by using psql
- I created a new db with the original name by using createdb in the shell
- restored dumped dbdata into the new db by pg_restore -d
The funny thing was, Odoo was using the old, renamed database, not the new one with the original name.
Now we dropped the old/renamed database and odoo wants us to setup a new database instead of use the new database with the original name. The Database exists and in pgAdmin it looks identically like before that whole operation.
Of course i restarted odoo.
Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!
About This Community
|Asked: 3/27/15, 12:15 PM|
|Seen: 1286 times|
|Last updated: 3/30/15, 4:13 AM|