CRM | e-Commerce | Accounting | Inventory | PoS | Project management | MRP | etc.
I want that a user, after login, lands e.g. at her/his 'My Dashboard' page instead of her/his Messages page. What is the best way to accomplish this? I played around with 'Home Action' in the User settings , but no joy here. The best solution would be that this landing page is configurable per user. Thanks.
I was able to get 'My Dashboard' as first screen after login. OpenERP opens the first item in the leftmost menu item as first page after login, so we have to work on that information.
- Go to Settings - Technical - User Interface - Menu Items
- Look for the first item in your actual menu and note its Sequence. In my case, the first item was Messaging with Sequence 10
- Look for the item you want as first screen after login, and change its sequence to a number lower than the item which is first now. In my case, I changed the Sequence of Reporting from 170 to 9.
- Log out and log in.
- It should work. In my case, the first page after login is 'My Dashboard'
A few remarks:
- You have to change the menu order, and this change is for all users.
- This approach does not allow a 'per user' setting, as far as I know. Again, this change is for all users.
- If required, you have to change the sequence of the menu items in the left menu pane as well if you want another item than the first to open after login.
Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!
About This Community
Odoo Training Center
|Asked: 3/15/14, 3:56 AM|
|Seen: 3636 times|
|Last updated: 6/19/15, 12:42 AM|