This question has been flagged

Hi, I was using openerp 7 which i downloaded 1month before(feb 2013). In that version, only in the user preference we can see the field 'receive feeds by email' and I didnt give much importance. But now in the latest openerp server, we can see that field in partner form view. i think there is some importance for this field. can anyone give a brief idea on this field.

Thanks in advance

Discard

Where exactly u saw this on the partner form?

Author

in customer/ supplier, sale &purchase tab we can see this field. also this field is in user preferences

Its an important field, but in my instance on the customer/supplier sales&purchases tab i just have opt out field, i think u had enabled some more service, and in this case u can set for the partners also. take care to use this field, cause its send automatic NOTIFICATION about all messages in the openerp system, and if u set for the user emails address same as the incoming mail server fetch, then u can go into endless loop, what can result your mail server block (if google or somethings your mail server) check this vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoHPgtsM2fA 5.30 the important part 4 u