This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Hello,

I would like to use odoo to enable my customer to buy a licence for their products. The customer shall answer various questions about the product he wants to licence:

production site, ingredients, size of the company that sells the product and some more questions. He also needs to be able to upload various pdfs that we need to check to make sure the company is compliant with our licence requirements.

After he fills out all the necessary information is given, the workflow should work in a way that the customer ends on a page where it says that his request for licencing is being processed by us and that we will reach out to him in x number of days. Based on the information he inserted into the website, a price shall be calculated for him already. He should only be able to pay for our service if we confirmed the correct licencing of the product. 

I will very much appreciate any help on how to set that up conceptually. Will this work within the Website module (eCommerce?) or would i need to set up a new, customized module on my own. If so, could I do most of the work in studio?

Discard

By default, such functionality or workflow is not there in Odoo eCommerce. Definitely you can make it possible by customizing the system as per the need. Asking to do everything from the studio won't be easy for this(not sure everything can be achieved using studio app).

Feel developing a custom module for the same will be better.

Yo may want to revert to a knowledgeable partner to get a jump start or you have to go the hard way and acquire the necessary functional and technical knowledge yourself. This forum is happy to help, if you then have specific questions.

Best Answer

Hi Adrian

I feel eCommerce may be the wrong approach to this. You may be best to have all of this filled out in a similar way to the contact us form (using form builder), it will then create an opportunity that your sales people can check and convert into a sale order, set the price, and email to the customer to confirm and pay. I think the only issue will be the form builder only allows for single file uploads, so you will either need a customisation or to just add multiple upload fields.

Good Luck,
Jake Robinson

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Adrian:

You will need to develop a custom module for this. The following tutorial from the Odoo documentation is a good starting point for learning how to develop a web based module in Odoo.

Building a Website

Discard