Odoo Help

Usage of subscription module

By
Torvald Baade Bringsvor
on 4/8/16, 5:18 AM 3,241 views

Hi

I'm trying to use the subscription module (or app). I'm on Odoo 9.0

1. If you create a regular sales order that contains a subscription product, shouldn't it then create a new subscription? I'm not able to, but it may be that I'm doing something wrong.

2. If you have several subscription templates (for monthly and yearly subscription for example), is it the tag that is used to group them together in the website (where the user can change plans)?

3. Is it possible to sell subscription products in the ecommerce?

Seems like a cool module, but I can't seem to find much documentation for it.

Yoshi Tashiro
On 6/23/16, 11:16 AM

1. If you create a regular sales order that contains a subscription product, shouldn't it then create a new subscription? I'm not able to, but it may be that I'm doing something wrong.

Quotation Template field should be added in quotation upon installing `website_contract` (the field comes from `website_quote` which `website_contract` depends on).  To this field, you need to assign a quotation template which is linked to a subscription template in order to generate a subscription upon confirming the quotation.  Odoo proposes "Default Template" to the Quotation Template field of quotation by default.

2. If you have several subscription templates (for monthly and yearly subscription for example), is it the tag that is used to group them together in the website (where the user can change plans)?

Yes, the tag is used for this purpose.

3. Is it possible to sell subscription products in the ecommerce?

Yes, it is possible.  Just publish the subscription product on the website as normal.

Mark Meadows
On 3/20/17, 1:03 PM

There should be a clarification here, selling the subscription on the website does not work as it should.  The ecommerce module does not set the contract on the sales order which means no contract is created for the subscriptions sold through ecommerce.  This makes publishing the actual subscription product pretty much useless, if you don't have that many subscription products you could create "Start Subscription" products that you could then use automation to hard code proper subscription generation for each one.  I know this post is a year old, but I didn't want others to suffer through the how on something that does not work.

You are right. Since "Default Template" quotation template is hardcoded to be proposed as of 10.0, you probably need to modify that part of the logic for handling multiple subscription products in online shop. I wonder why it's been designed this way.

Quartile Limited, Yoshi Tashiro
on 3/28/17, 6:43 AM

Hello,

Is it possible to have 2 different subscription from 1 quotation generated?

Maybe there is a module to do that

Best regards,

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/8/16, 5:18 AM
Seen: 3241 times
Last updated: 8/22/17, 12:13 AM