Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Usage of subscription module

By
Torvald Baade Bringsvor
on 4/8/16, 5:18 AM 1,059 views

Hi

I'm trying to use the subscription module (or app). I'm on Odoo 9.0

1. If you create a regular sales order that contains a subscription product, shouldn't it then create a new subscription? I'm not able to, but it may be that I'm doing something wrong.

2. If you have several subscription templates (for monthly and yearly subscription for example), is it the tag that is used to group them together in the website (where the user can change plans)?

3. Is it possible to sell subscription products in the ecommerce?

Seems like a cool module, but I can't seem to find much documentation for it.

Yoshi Tashiro
On 6/23/16, 11:16 AM

1. If you create a regular sales order that contains a subscription product, shouldn't it then create a new subscription? I'm not able to, but it may be that I'm doing something wrong.

Quotation Template field should be added in quotation upon installing `website_contract` (the field comes from `website_quote` which `website_contract` depends on).  To this field, you need to assign a quotation template which is linked to a subscription template in order to generate a subscription upon confirming the quotation.  Odoo proposes "Default Template" to the Quotation Template field of quotation by default.

2. If you have several subscription templates (for monthly and yearly subscription for example), is it the tag that is used to group them together in the website (where the user can change plans)?

Yes, the tag is used for this purpose.

3. Is it possible to sell subscription products in the ecommerce?

Yes, it is possible.  Just publish the subscription product on the website as normal.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/8/16, 5:18 AM
Seen: 1059 times
Last updated: 6/23/16, 8:48 PM