Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Upgrade Options for Free SaaS Users ?

By
Johan Mutsaerts
on 8/31/15, 5:35 PM 640 views

I am using Odoo SaaS for my consultancy business (1 User < 2 = Free). I created my DB early 2015. I have heard about 'Summer 2015 Edition' release that has features I would like to use (e.g. new WebSite Builder and A/B Testing and ...). When V9 is released I would like to upgrade to that as well ... 

The whole idea of SaaS is that you have access to new releases automagically or ? I have refreshed the modules list numerous times but no newer modules show up that I can upgrade to. What am I missing ? What do I need to do to upgrade to the latest released modules ? I sure hope I can do this myself and don't have to pay for managed upgrades ? That would invalidate my use case for SaaS Odoo entirely. Thx !

Its better you move to private VPS server with odoo, you will be free to customize and modify anything or you had full opportunity to upgrade and add more features..... Lots of developer or company support in optimal cost too. in case to upgrade SAAS, will be based on their releases and limitations.

Zahin
on 9/1/15, 7:44 AM

Jérémy Kersten (jke)

--Jérémy Kersten (jke)--
| 3 2 5
Jodoigne, Belgium
--Jérémy Kersten (jke)--

Jérémy is a member of the core R&D team since september 2013. He developed several projects for OpenERP version 8 including the eCommerce, the Google Calendar synchronization and the new product variants/configurator. Now, he manages Odoo website and themes for saas.

Jérémy Kersten (jke)
On 8/31/15, 6:01 PM

Hi

upgrade in saas are free :)

v9 is still in progress ! 

But website version and editor is already in saas6 !

so if you want upgrade from v8 to saas6, sent an email to online@odoo.com

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/31/15, 5:35 PM
Seen: 640 times
Last updated: 9/1/15, 7:44 AM