This question has been flagged

Am working on sales and inventory, I have used BOM in a serviceable product, but the quantity of the product of BOM is not updating automatically.

for example we have a car service station, if we use the service of puncture we need the bill BOM like (Paste which we have 20 unit in our inventory) but after using 1 unit of paste in Puncture service,still my the quantity of my BOM is not updating

can anyone suggest an idea for the same?

BOM --  Bill Of Material

Discard
Best Answer

you can change the category or type of paste to storable/stockable product rather than services it will start updating the quantity. As services are not themselves present in stock due to that it's not Updating it. 

Discard
Best Answer

Hi,

Is the paste is the service type product you have mentioned? I hope you know, for service type product there is no stock.

First of all, I haven't understood you clearly and not sure how you configured the system. Using inventory and Sales, are you selling the product service of puncture as a bill of material type Kit? If this is how you configured the system, once you create a sale order for the above product, in the delivery order instead of product service of puncture you will have the components in the bill of material of this product. 

And once you validate this picking, the stock of the components will get reduced from stock if there of type stockable product.

Thanks

Discard