Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Update Products from Excel every month.

By
Francisco Ramirez
on 9/8/16, 4:04 PM 247 views

Hello Guys,  I have this problem.

I have 3 providers who give me their information (products, stock, prices) using a csv, or xls. Then I must update the information every month.

Example 3 provider have an internal code Example. PRO1-HDD-XXX , PRO2-itemXXX , but both use the manufacturer part number. So i want use this manufacturer ID as my Internal ID. 

But if I add a product or some user add new product it will use an ID generated by Odoo... 

What is the best form for update a large amount of products every month? 

I want this..

I update. If product exist just update, if not  create new... 

I  hope u can understand my question. Thanks in advanced

nd what is the best practice "in your opinion" to do this, we are a company, who buy and sell products, or install that products, we have a little stock but major cases use the dropship. But we want show that stock on web page.. 

PSTI Soluciones S.A de C.V. , Francisco Ramirez
on 9/8/16, 10:35 PM

Is this another question? I don't understand you fi it is - Sorry! My opinion is what I posted already.

Bista Solutions US, Ray Carnes
on 9/8/16, 10:53 PM

Ray Carnes

--Ray Carnes--
| 9 7 9
Greater Los Angeles, United States
--Ray Carnes--

Senior Odoo Analyst

OpenERP 6.1, 7.0 and Odoo 8.0, 9.0 (Since 2012)

Completed Functional and Technical Training.

Major Skills:

• Needs Discovery and Requirements Analysis;

• Function and Technical Specifications;

• Project Planning;

• Prototyping and Proof of concepts;

• Data migration;

• Configuration & Customization (UI and modules);

• Integration - data, business logic and service levels;

• Training and Knowledge transfer;

• Go Live support;

• Help desk;

• Version Migration.

I have over 20 years of experience empowering and enabling users with enterprise information systems that make a real and measurable difference in their ability to proactively manage their businesses and organizations. 

Ray Carnes
On 9/8/16, 10:25 PM

Use the Provider and Product Internal Code and make an 'External ID' for each product:

ProviderA.PRO1-HDD-XXX

ProviderA.PRO2-itemXXX

ProviderB.PRO1-HDD-XXX

A file like that will check for an existing product with External ID matching.  If it finds the product, the import will UPDATE.  If it does not find it, the import will INSERT/ADD.

The first time you upload this way, Odoo will find no other products matching, so every product will be ADDED.

Then, if you supply this file:

ProviderA.PRO1-HDD-XXX

ProviderB.PRO2-itemXXX

ProviderB.PRO1-HDD-XXX

Odoo will find the first product, so will UPDATE.  It will not find the second product, so will ADD.  It will find the third product, so will UPDATE.

The only problem you will face is if a user adds products in between the imports.  Since Odoo will have the XML blank (only if you export it will you get a value) then it won't match.

And what is the best practice "in your opinion" to do this, we are a company, who buy and sell products, or install that products, we have a little stock but major cases use the dropship. But we want show that stock on web page.

PSTI Soluciones S.A de C.V. , Francisco Ramirez
on 9/8/16, 10:37 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 9/8/16, 4:04 PM
Seen: 247 times
Last updated: 9/20/16, 11:04 AM