Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Update Module List odoo

By
Swapnesh
on 12/11/15, 4:44 AM 2,423 views

How Can i update module list From terminal in

openerp and odoo(v8) ?

Is there any way to achieve this from terminal?

I want to update module list Without Using Webclient.

In this case:

i can't use -u or -i to start server

using -u i am unable to get updated module list actually i want to update module list and that after want to install it using -i module_name

Temur

--Temur--
| 6 5 7
Tbilisi, Georgia
--Temur--
Programmer
Temur
On 12/14/15, 5:12 AM

you should pass comma separated list to -u, like module_a,module_b etc:

./odoo.py -d database_name_to_update  -u module_a,module_b,module_c
note that there should NOT be space between module names, just comma. Also, -d option is mandatory, you must specify (using -d) the database name you'd like to update modules in.

UPDATE:

if you can't use '-u' because module is not installed yet, then you can use '-i' instead (i.e. install), but if a target module is a fresh new module (usually custom one) and it is not yet added to module list, then I'm afraid to disappoint you but odoo currently does not support module list update from command line, however there is a pretty nice workaround (see the following thread: https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/how-to-update-module-list-from-command-line-84385). so you'll need to update module list first, and then use "-i" to install new modules.

right

moulay rachid
on 12/14/15, 1:23 PM

hello Temur, I can't use '-u' as an option because that Particular module is not available in list Thanks

Swapnesh
on 12/16/15, 5:16 AM

Hello, Please check the updated answer.

Temur
on 12/16/15, 6:09 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 12/11/15, 4:44 AM
Seen: 2423 times
Last updated: 12/17/15, 1:58 AM