This question has been flagged
5 Replies

I've upload some modules in the odoo addons directory, where all the others modules are located, but, when I do an update of the module list odoo can not find new modules and act as if there isn't really nothing to update, but the modules are in the directory, their aren't on the Local modules list and can not be find by update proccess.

What to do?

I've done this several times, but I'm working in a new server instalation, and don't have idea of what's going on!

Discard

Check the permission of your module in addon path. and restart the odoo service.

Hi,, did you tried after closing 'app' filter. ?

Best Answer

For the best practice you should put your custom modules in separate folder than odoo addons folder which make them easy to access and easy to develop 

Discard
Author Best Answer

I finally found the problem, it was stupid, all it was about a confusion on the directory where I was putting the files, we did a new instalation and I was working with the old one, so stupid all!

Sorry for the mess

Thanks for you help,

Best regards!

Discard
Best Answer

maybe you can check this [link](http://odoo.guide/create-and-install-a-new-custom-module-in-3-steps/), i'm also a new user to odoo, hope it helps

Discard