Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Update invoice report

By
Laurent33
on 10/22/13, 12:02 PM 791 views

Hi,

I have to make changes in the standard invoice report for a custom module.

I can make changes with OpenOffice Report by modifying/sending on a connected database. But how can I update this report on an unconnected database (db in on an other network)?

Is it possible to update the report by generating .RML and integrating in my custom module ?

How can I make that ?

Thanks

Brett Lehrer

--Brett Lehrer--
| 5 4 8
Milwaukee, United States
--Brett Lehrer--
Director of IT and open source enthusiast.
Brett Lehrer
On 10/22/13, 1:00 PM

IMO the best way to edit reports is to edit the RML directly and bypass the libreoffice conversion. Iterable items become much easier to work with, like invoice lines on an invoice, because that process is a bit of a hack to properly set up in libreoffice.

Then, you don't need to do anything to the database. Every time the report is generated, the RML file will be re-read, making testing very quick. Just write in your changes on the RML file (which is just XML), save, and run the report again.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 10/22/13, 12:02 PM
Seen: 791 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM