Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Update from Command Line (exactly as fast as via "Update Module List" in UI)

By
Malte Helmhold
on 2/5/15, 6:57 AM 1,049 views

Hi there, 

long time ago I figured out that updating via CLI is somewhat odd. 

Let's see an example. I scaffold a new module:

./openerp-server scaffold  test1 ./addons 

Then I click on "Update Module List" in the Odoo Backend. Voila, 3 sec. later the new module appears in my list. 

But when I fire up the command a) 

./openerp-server -i test1 -d Test

I get: Test openerp.modules.loading: invalid module names, ignored: test9

so a) makes no sense. But relating to odoo.py --help it is a command for initializing only one module. 

So I found out that b) updating the base before brings me the module into my list:

./openerp-server -u base  -i test9 -d Test

I finally have the module in the list. But after painful 20 seconds and a process which is even longer so I have to quit this process. This issue brings me to c). I have the intention to only search for new modules (or specifically the module I know I have created) and then init the module: c) 

./openerp-server -u test10 -i test10 -d Test

But this also outputs:

Test openerp.modules.loading: invalid module names, ignored: test1 

and again: the process has no end in sight. It just waits until I hit CTRL-C:(

So folks I have this question and I hope someone can give exactly what I need. A command which initializes

a new module or updates a module and the process only takes a few seconds as given via UI. Can't be the case

that only the UI-Way is capable of serving the results in seconds. 

I searched through a lot of questions relating this issue here. But no high-end solution found. I promise. 

sincerely 

Malte Helmhold

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/5/15, 6:57 AM
Seen: 1049 times
Last updated: 2/3/16, 9:15 AM