This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hello,

I'm having lot of trouble trying to understand how to set Unit without decimal (example: 1 / 2 / 5 / 10 etc) and keep all other UoM with their decimal precision (like meter, kg, etc).

In Settings > Technical > Database Structure > Decimal Accuracy I can set accuracy but it applies for all UoM, therefore this is not a solution for me.

In Inventory > Configuration > UoM I set Rounding Precision to 1.00 but it does not change how values are displayed/rounded in Sale Order. I think this happen because that Rounding Precision applies on transformation from an UoM to another.

I have to solve following problem:
I sell CHAIR as UNIT and CARPET as METER.
With the default Decimal Accuracy (from Database Structure) of 3 I can add 2.345 CHAIRs to an order, and the price change accordingly. Instead I expect that field doesn't let me insert decimals when Unit is selected, or I expect that value will be rounded to 2 or 3.

If I set Decimal Accuracy to 0 CHAIR will work great, but CARPET can't be sold as decimal, I can now insert only integer (3 meter, no more 2.50).

I spent a lot of time trying to figure out and searching in this forum and whole Google but I didn't find any question like this, so maybe I missed something about UoM in Odoo...

Discard
Author Best Answer

Hi Paresh, 

(this should be a comment but I have not enough karma...)

I don't need to control only display format, I also want it to be rounded when inserting "wrong" Unit with decimal (2.345 must be rounded down to 2, because Unit must not be decimal, at least in my vision).

Honestly I don't understand why Odoo doesn't let customize each UoM's decimal accuracy...

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Enrico: The selection you pick for decimal accuracy will apply across the board for all UoMs. You cannot have a different decimal display for individual UoMs. This applies to all the quantity fields that are displayed on the screen.

However, if you need to control the format in PDF outputs you can customize the report to conditionally print the value with specific number of decimals based on the UoM.

Discard