This question has been flagged

Hi

We are trying to setup Odoo for a catering company. We are having a problem with units of measure. We have created items that we can sell and items that we can buy. Now we are adding Bills of material for the recipes of the items that we can sell. For example - Pancakes. The bill of material will be, flour, eggs, oil amd water...

The problem is that some recipes require that we consume certain products in a different Unit of Measure than we buy them in. For example, Oil is being bought from the supplier in Liters, however the recipe wants us to use Kilograms. The client has worked out the recipes to indicate the required quantity always in Weight, but they do not purchase many of the products in weight but rather in volume. For example when adding oil to the BoM for pancakes we need to add 460 grams of oil. However oil is purchased from the supplier in Liters

What is the right way to handle this?

Thanks

Discard

Hi Dale. How you found the solution for this question? If so, could you email nihat@netron.uk your details to get in touch? I also work for catering company. I need help you can.

Best Answer

@dale in odoo we have an option of "Allow using different units of measure" in product configuration which can be set in warehouse/inventory .Its better that you create a unit of measure by referring to the below mentioned link.

https://acespritechblog.com/2012/09/24/how-uom-unit-of-measure-works-in-openerp/

or

https://www.odoo.com/documentation/user/9.0/inventory/settings/products/uom.html

then you can select the unit of measure in Bill of materials

thanks,

Discard
Best Answer

Old question, I know but still relevant. 

The best way I found to solve this, is to produce the "new" product with a different unit from another category.

e.g from 100 liter "Oil I buy " you can produce 120 kg "Oil for use"  .

You would attach a Nomenclature (Bill of materials) to the product to be produced

Discard

How the cost impact?

Best Answer

Odoo doesn't allow a single product to have multiple units of measure from different categories, so you can't mix weight and volume.  I think the recipe would need to be converted to use litres of oil.

Discard