This question has been flagged
1 Reply

We produce 500 units per day - having to press the Produce button, then click the serial number line, then scan (and sometimes it has to be hand entered because the field frustratingly ends up with the first serial number in the list) and lastly press Record Production for each and every product adds too much time. Is there a way to simply scan serial numbers one by one (without multiple clicks between them) which will automatically increase the production quantity (or "Consumed" column)?

Anyone else doing large(ish) volume production with unique serial numbers? The other problem is moving large quantities between locations. We won't want to re-scan 10,000 products each time we move location (this list of serial numbers is already in a .csv as part of the manufacturing process).

Discard
Author

I cannot answer comments because I don't have enough Karma (besides the fact that my company has been a paying customer for around 6 years!). To date we have not resolved it in Odoo. We have developed our own scanning system which enters data into our own production database, bypassing Odoo completely. Honestly, I am deeply disappointed that Odoo didn't create a simple solution to this after all these years (they wanted us to pay them to develop, which we declined because it's a common requirement for many companies). If I could go back in time, I would use a different provider.

Hello,

Do you have any solutions for this ?

Thanks!

Hi. Any solutions? Anyone?

Author

No, we didn't solve it yet. We are controlling serial numbers separately to Odoo. Not ideal but Odoo just cannot do this without custom implementation (very high cost) for something that I think should be standard.

I have the same problem, you already solved this question? I looking for the solution for days ?!

Best Answer

Have you tried testing the Barcode app? It is fundamentally designed to ease the process of repetitive actions like mentioned above.

Discard