This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hello,

Does anyone know if a 3rd party has created a serial number module for OpenERP 7 yet?

Thanks

Discard
Best Answer

Hello !

We have implemented something similar to this for V6.1 and V7.0.

When you receive or deliver product at that time you can assign serial number and if that serial number is already assigned to any other product then it will raise error.

Even if we are trying to deliver any product without any serial then also it will not allow us.
Please check this blog.
Just copy this url and paste in browser.
acespritechblog.wordpress.com/2013/04/24/openerp-point-of-sale-delivery-order-assign-unique-serial-for-product/

Thanks,
Acespritech Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
www.acespritech.com
Mail: info@acespritech.com
Gtalk: acespritech

Discard
Author

Thank you, I'll check it out!

is there a launchpad branch ?

Can you post instructions how to get the module?

Best Answer

OpenERP 7 has Serial #'s built in. Goto Settings -->Configuration-->Warehouse and check the box for "Track serial number on products". If you can't see that option, you probably need to turn on technical features for your account, and log out and back in.

Discard
Author

Thanks, but I need unique serial numbers not lots.

Disregarding the fact that OpenERP is calling them Serials and not Lots, whats the difference as you see it? Would like to know technically what the difference is.

Author

We need to track each individual part with unique serial numbers. We receive in 100 video cards and each need to have a unique s/n so we can track where it came from and then who sold it.

The serial numbers built in do that, I must be misunderstanding. The built in serial #'s get a quantity assigned to them, that quantity can be greater than 1, is that why they aren't useful? I imagine it wouldn't be hard to say the quantity can't exceed 1.

Mike is right, you can do serial numbers using that method, but openerp does not make it easy. ehukki, you are probably going to need to create a custom module to get your workflow right.

I agree. Serial numbers are not easy in OpenERP. They basically just converted the Lot Number to say Serial Number and called it a day. The entire system is not built on the concept of selling a serial number instead of selling a product.