This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Is there a way in v6.1 to have a product and specify a unique serial number in each purchase and sell orders?

The idea is to have only one product defined in OpenERP v6.1, but inside it be able to identify each device with a unique serial number. This way we must know to whom was purchased and who is the client of each specific device.

A close example: - you have a laptop model called "LaptopM001" (this would be the product) and - 3 units of that product with unique serial numbers SN5678, SN5679, SN5680 (these would be specific units within the product definition)

Any module to use?

Discard
Best Answer

Hello !

You can check this blog.
We have tried to make similar module.
http://acespritechblog.wordpress.com/2013/04/24/openerp-point-of-sale-delivery-order-assign-unique-serial-for-product/

Thanks,
Acespritech Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
www.acespritech.com
Mail: info@acespritech.com

Discard
Author

Mmm... not exactly what I was looking, but nice approached and probably as useful as I wanted. So, you set a constraint on the 'lot number' forcing it to be unique (if the option is checked for that product). Is the code available at Launchpad or elsewhere so I can try it?

Best Answer

Hi Anubia,

You can achieve this by creating the same product name with different Reference.

Discard
Author

Yes, but that would imply to create copies of the same product model for each reference/serial number. That would result in a huge list of products, with same characteristics but the reference. But the idea is to have only one product defined with its characteristics, and then be able to assign a 'lot number' (one or more units) and, if needed, a 'serial number' (unique number for each unit). As this is usual in manufacturing, so you can track a single unit or its whole lot/pack.

It can be done by customizing the current workflow and some extra code.