This question has been flagged
1 Reply

I am customizing accounts module. 

I want to make sure that an item is not added multiple times on an invoice(account.invoice.line). 

From this question, https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/how-to-make-a-unique-field-in-a-module-16386, i came out with a solutions which does not work and dont know why. 

_name = "account.invoice.line"

_inherit = "account.invoice.line"

#other code

_sql_constraints = [
('unique_product', 'unique(id, product_id)', 'Cannot Use one tracker twice!\nPlease, select a different product')
]

It still allows me to add same product twice. 
Please, where am i going wrong?

Thanks for your reply

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Fongoh,

I think following code will be helpful to you. Please try with this code.

_name = "account.invoice.line"	

_inherit = "account.invoice.line"

#other code
_sql_constraints = [ ('unique_product', 'unique(invoice_id, product_id)', 'Cannot Use one tracker twice!\nPlease, select a different product') ]

Instead of "id", you can try with "invoice_id".

Regards,

Hardik

Discard
Author

I tried that but not change. I even tried using a field(in the unique constraint) that is not in the model but it did not raise any error/exception of field not found. I thought it would have raised an exception that field not found but was supprised it just went pass that and could still have duplicate product selection.

Author

Oh, thanks hardikgiri, it worked. It was actually failing to add because the constraint had already been violated by an entry in the db so the error was being shown on the command line (was expecting a browser error). So as soon as i removed the record that violdated the constraint, and restarted odoo, it added the constraint and now, no duplicate product can be entered. Thanks man. Marked succesfull.

Thanks Hardikgiri, it's working very well for me