Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Uninstalled & install custom module lost custome field data

By
GonG
on 5/8/14, 7:46 AM 652 views

I have some fields added from my custom module. This field has been recorded into the database. However, if I uninstalled my custom module and installed it again becasue of (changing my python code), it seems like the field is a new one and its data before uninstalled is gone.

Can I still keep all the data so that when I uninstalled and install my custom module again and agian it won't lost?

Thanks you very much

There actually is a warning that tells you that all database entrys will be deleted when you uninstall any module.

Instead, after changing your code just Update your module.

René Schuster
on 5/8/14, 8:15 AM

It seems that just Update the module doesn't compile the python, am I right? It update everything else except python.

GonG
on 5/8/14, 8:52 AM

That is true.

I'm not sure whether thats the way it's supposed to be done, but I restart my server to recompile all my code. This doesn't even need a module update.

René Schuster
on 5/8/14, 9:20 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/8/14, 7:46 AM
Seen: 652 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM