This question has been flagged
3 Replies

I have a fully working custom module (running in Eclipse in Odoo Server Installation in Ubuntu). However, when installing it in a my working company server (Odoo 8 in Ubuntu Sever 14.04), I get the following error:

ParseError: "ValidateError

Field(s) `arch` failed against a constraint: Invalid view definition

Error details:

Field `x_tipocodigo` does not exist

Error context:

View `product.template form`

[view_id: 686, xml_id: n/a, model: product.template, parent_id: 258]" while parsing /opt/odoo/addons/dblaboratorio/dblaboratorio_view.xml:6, near

<record id="product_template_dblaboratorio" model="ir.ui.view">

I got this error message in the past, and fixed the problem (the field was not well defined in the python file inheriting product.template), but keep getting the message and can not install. I do not get this error in fresh server installations.

I have logged out, restarted openerp server, and tried to install in new database. However, this error persists.

I have looked for the view with id=686, and apparently it does not exist.

Any help ?

Discard

You need to check that view 258 (product.template.form) have field x_tipocodigo... You probably use this field to specify the position in the inherited template... View 686 is probably the view which are roolbacked due to the invalid view definition. Let us know...

Author Best Answer

I believe the view is well defined, as confirmed by module running with no errors in my local server. If you still would like to check, the code is available at https://github.com/fcanomar/dblaboratorio

I have checked view 258 (product.template.product.form) and the field x_tipocodigo is not defined there. I am not sure if it should be. I have compared with this same view in the database where the module is running and they are equivalent. These new fields are present, though, in 'product.template form', but this view is not created when the error pops. 

I have also checked the versions of the module's dependencies in both servers and they are the same. 

Is there any data that stays after uninstalling ? I still feel the problem is related to having installed a faulty version of the module in the past. 

Any ideas ?

Discard

I have just installed your module, but like you specified without error/warning (except the dblaboratorio_calidadesmarca_action missing, and no security rule) Smalls remarks just for your information... x_ are usually used for custom field added directly via the backend. And when you inherit, you can just change the attributes without a replace with {}... About your database, without to have a copy from the db which failed (without private data... Need to have ir* tables) it will be not easy to help you... Sorry

Author

Hello Jérémy, thank you for your comments. I will introduce the changes you have pointed. Can you contact me by email for database exchange ? My email is fcanomar@gmail.com

Best Answer

Open your dblaboratorio_view.xml file and in the product_template_dblaboratorio view record, there will be a reference to the Field "x_tipocodigo". Remove that field or correct the typo/issue and the module will load correctly. 

Discard