Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Uninstall accounting Module

By
André Grant
on 12/10/13, 2:59 PM 1,618 views

By mistake Accounting module was installed. I uninstalled it, but it is still visible even the status is not installed. How do i Remove it. If solution is to create new instance and start all over again, i will kill some one.

Kevin McMenamin

--Kevin McMenamin--
| 5 2 6
Auckland, New Zealand
--Kevin McMenamin--
Kevin McMenamin
On 12/10/13, 8:15 PM

Alternative to murder/suicide, use security to hide - ie do not give any users access to any of the accounting menus. Easiest way is: 1. Create a new security group: Hidden Menus 2. Put the top level accounting menus into this group 3. Remove users from accounting security groups

then if you need to 4. Remove the accounting menus from all other security groups

Hiding menus doesn't remove the need to fulfill accounting fields, like receivable and payable. So your are not sovling a problem, you're creating another one because users couldn't see what is happening and they would receive errors because of the lack of the info in those fields. Am I wrong?

COLDAMP ELECTRONICS SL
on 6/16/14, 2:32 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 12/10/13, 2:59 PM
Seen: 1618 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM