Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Unexpected Currency Error When Validating Customer Payment

By
Alex Gallien
on 7/17/15, 6:57 PM 344 views

Hi all. I have run across a strange error and have no idea where it is coming from. Sometimes when validating a customer payment (always on the second payment to the same set of invoices) I receive the following error:

Insufficient Configuration!

You should configure the 'Loss Exchange Rate Account' in the accounting settings, to manage automatically the booking of accounting entries related to differences between exchange rates.

I have always used one currency (USD) and do not have 'Allow Multiple Currencies' checked in the accounting settings. Really have no idea where this could be coming from - have anyone else experienced this? Any ideas of troubleshooting tasks I could try? Thanks!

Have either of these payments been edited after they were originally posted?

Bista Solutions US, Ray Carnes
on 7/17/15, 7:13 PM

Yeah, our accountant noticed an incorrect date he edited the date on the journal entry first, then on the customer payment. Is this a known issue? Thanks for the fast reply!

Alex Gallien
on 7/17/15, 7:14 PM

If we need to make such a change, is there a best practice?

Alex Gallien
on 7/17/15, 7:15 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/17/15, 6:57 PM
Seen: 344 times
Last updated: 7/17/15, 7:15 PM