Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

understanding openerp development

Aijay Ogbugha
on 6/19/13, 7:28 AM 1,654 views

I want to define my own methods using the orm methods in openerp(self, create, browse,self.pool.get, etc). But I don't understand them.how can I get a full understanding of openerp development?

I'll really appreciate any help. Thank you.

--Borni DHIFI--
| 6 8 9
Tunis, Tunisia
--Borni DHIFI--

Techno Functional Consultant Odoo(OpenERP) 

On 6/19/13, 7:33 AM

for each object overwrite these methods :

1°-Quick start : Technical_Memento_v0.7.3

2°-How i can create module openerp 7 ?

3°-OpenERP Documentation v7.0

| 4 4 8
Ahmedabad, India

Odoo Expert

On 6/19/13, 7:43 AM

Hi, Ajjay

You can get all documentation from here :

OpenERP 7.0 Documentation

OpenERP 6.0 Documentation

For more detailed explanation of ORM methods, go through ORM and models

There you can have tutorials, technical information, functional information, community book, licences and much more.

Thank you Keyur for this prompt response. I've looked at the documentation is it mostly about the functional aspect of openerp. Also, i've looked at the Technical_Momento but it is so shallow and not explanatory for a new orpenerp developer. Am asking if there is any other material that is more detailed for openerp development.

Aijay Ogbugha
on 6/19/13, 8:04 AM

I've updated my answer. Check ORM and models for detailed development.

on 6/24/13, 9:05 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Asked: 6/19/13, 7:28 AM
Seen: 1654 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM