Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'id' of null

By
Dave Burkholder
on 6/13/13, 12:40 PM 5,879 views

I'm using OpenERP 7 with the latest updates pulled via bzr. For the past several weeks, there's been this extremely irritating error on Accounting / Journal Entries. I go to enter a new Journal Entry, select Journal, etc. Then click "Add an item" and add the first item. When I tab through all the fields, I get the following error:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'id' of null

Click OK. Then get the following:

Uncaught Error: Object can not be converted to JSON

Click OK again. Then I get back to Journal Entry, but the page is frozen.

Or if I click "Add at item" the second time instead of tabbing, it just goes straight to:
Uncaught Error: Object can not be converted to JSON

Click OK. Then I'm back to the Journal Entry page, but again it's frozen.

Then if you click the "Save" button, the record is saved. Click "Edit" and you can add the second Journal Entry to balance the record. It's a Grade A hassle.

Any other users have this problem? Is this a bug in OE, and if so, should I submit a bug report?

Amit Parik (amp)
On 6/14/13, 3:38 AM

Hello,

Its OpenERP bug, would you please look at lp:1182101 The bug link also have a branch. You can used that branch, it will helps you.

Thank you!

Thank you for that link, Amit! You da man!

Thinkwell Designs, Dave Burkholder
on 6/15/13, 11:43 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/13/13, 12:40 PM
Seen: 5879 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM