Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Uncaught Error: [_.sprintf] expecting number but found string when creating a sales quotation

By
mid123
on 4/17/13, 10:58 AM 5,615 views

While I creating a quotation I got this issue.. Uncaught Error: [_.sprintf] expecting number but found string...

Ram Peri
On 3/1/14, 12:48 AM

This is a very generic question, but there is a very specific case where this error occurs.

1. If you have 2 or fields that are declared as calculated (doc.openerp.com/6.0/developer/2_5_Objects_Fields_Methods/field_type)
  2. If you declare them as multi (i.e. you are using a single function to calculate them.
  3. In the return value, you forget to return one of these multi fields.

Basically what happens here is that some underlying functions expects a argument in the result and it is missing.

What does this mean to you? First uninstall any non standard modules that you may have installed and the gradually add them back until you hit the problem. Report back a more specific problem.

Max
On 2/28/14, 7:42 AM

This issue can occur when a field of type integer gets a value of type string, typically generated from a _defaults property of a model.

If this error occurs when you first open the create form for a model, make sure your _defaults are returning appropriate value types for their fields.

patrick

--patrick--
| 5 4 7
Baarn, Netherlands
--patrick--
patrick
On 4/17/13, 11:57 AM

Did you install any additional modules, or did you create (and use) your own module?

A stack-trace (the popup) is useful as well.

Sorry I am unable to fix it directly.

no I didnt install anything,.

mid123
on 4/18/13, 3:01 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/17/13, 10:58 AM
Seen: 5615 times
Last updated: 8/24/15, 3:13 AM