Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Unable to update phone, email, Tax ID and website information using .csv file

By
Ajantha Sawant
on 1/12/15, 5:36 AM 919 views

Hi,

In Odoo V8 I am trying to upload Companies details using .csv file but the data which i am trying to upload for phone, email, Tax ID and website is not getting updated but rest all information gets updated.

Please help. I think this is a Odoo Bug

could you post headers from your csv file?

Bole
on 1/12/15, 5:41 AM

During Import, in the import screen where it lists the data beneath the column names, did you checked that does the columns you mentioned are there or is it saying 'Don't Import'. Check It. If it is showing 'Don't Import', then there is some problem in the field names.

Emipro Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
on 1/12/15, 5:42 AM
Ajantha Sawant
On 1/12/15, 5:46 AM

Hi Guys Thanks for all your replies. But the problem for these fields is that they are Related Fields to Partner. If I try to import it using CSV is it not updating in res.company but if i manually enter value in then they get updated in the company as well as in partner.

These are the header names

Parent Company name currency street street2 city country zip vat email phone fax website company_registry

Also I have checked "Don't Import" thing. All seems good. I have also tried with Removing the header and manually selecting header for each column but its not working 

Import all data on partner form, using external id : base.main_partner

Bole
on 1/12/15, 6:19 AM

--Emipro Technologies Pvt. Ltd.--
Tiny ERP Pvt Ltd
http://www.odoo.com
| 6 7 8
Rajkot, India
--Emipro Technologies Pvt. Ltd.--

Being an emerging leader in IT market since 2011, Emipro Technologies Pvt. Ltd. has been providing a wide range of business solutions in Odoo & Magento. We are pleased to have a large pool of contented customers with our meticulous work in the domain of ERP & e-Commerce. A ray of relief & satisfaction to  our customers heart by our successful deployment in their organization, purely represents our success in Odoo platform. Hence, we take pride for being an Odoo partner with a vision of expanding our strategic alliances with our customers to offer them high value-added, trustworthy & cost effective solutions.

Since establishment, our business has span across 11 countries of the world. Our customers are companies of all sizes ranging from start-ups to large enterprises, who realize that they need a professional business solutions to generate revenue streams, establish proper communication channels or streamline business operations. Standing with strong determination of customer satisfaction, observing each minute detail of their business processes, providing proper guidance and moving forth to develop product accordingly adds our value and reliability among our customers. 

We are blessed with efficient, passionate & eclectic young developers who have come across almost all kinds of business profiles, working with full dedication, applying creativity & new features in existing modules and completing customer's projects successfully on predefined target. Our in-depth knowledge while giving business solutions in Odoo allows us to offer following services to our customers :

• Consulting
  • Installation, Configuration & Customization
  • Training & Support
  • Maintenance
  • Upgradation
  • Documentation
  • Crafting community modules
  • Drafting videos on demand
  • Smart Apps development

We will be :) to welcome you @ www.emiprotechnologies.com to solve any kind of your business needs around Odoo. However we are just an inch away from you by email info@emiprotechnologies.com or a tweet to @EmiproTech

On 1/12/15, 6:11 AM

These fields are fields.function, which are filled up based on the partner attached to that company, so it takes values from the values set in the res.partner. So as soon as you will create a company it will create a partner and the city, street, street2 etc. will be taken from there. Check this.

Vasanth

--Vasanth--
| 5 3 8
Pondicherry, India
--Vasanth--
Vasanth
On 1/12/15, 6:52 AM

Hi,

You first create a record by entering the values manually.Then export that record by using the export type ="Import-Compatible Export" nad save it in the .csv file.Then change any field value or import as it  is or validate it.If it results "Everything Seems valid" means ,there is no problem otherwise your code was not updated.Try this and you can find where is the issue

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

3 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 1/12/15, 5:36 AM
Seen: 919 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM