Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Unable to update or see apps in Odoo

By
Pascal Tremblay
on 9/22/14, 8:53 PM 10,041 views

Hello there, 

I have installed Odoo 8.0 on my mac. I was very excited. 

But now, I discovered that I can't update Odoo via Configuration/Modules/Mises à jour

Also, Configuration/Modules/Applications doesn't work.

Both links lead to Configuration/Modules/Modules installés.

I see error « Odoo Apps will be available soon. Showing locally available modules. » at top right of the screen.

What could I do to fix it?

I tried solutions found on the web. They don't work.

Thanks

I have the same problem in openerp v7

Gunther Kohn
on 12/18/14, 4:20 AM

I have the same problem in openerp v7 me too!

Marco Di Francesco
on 1/7/15, 8:11 AM

Pascal Tremblay

--Pascal Tremblay--
| 5 2 7
Alma, Canada
--Pascal Tremblay--

Pascal Tremblay
On 9/22/14, 9:45 PM

I add all possible access to my admin user.

I see error « Odoo Apps will be available soon. Showing locally available modules. » at top right of the screen.

But now, I have two new links « Mettre à jour la liste des modules » and « Appliquer les mises à jour planifiées »

I can install new modules from my local addon folder. YES!

It's ok for me.

Andrey Kolpakov
On 9/23/14, 9:35 AM

IIf you look at source code https://github.com/odoo/odoo/blob/8.0/openerp/addons/base/static/src/js/apps.js#L95:

// desactivated for now because apps does not work anyway due to changes in the framework

function is commented and only showing error "Odoo Apps will be available soon". 

But you can install modules through menu "Installed modules" just remove filter "Installed"

Not still sure... But try this.... 1) download app from https://www.odoo.com/apps 2) put the files in your add-on folder 3) Be sure your Admin user has acces rights 4) You should be able to refresh an see your new app in the configuration tab of Odoo.

Pascal Tremblay
on 9/23/14, 9:40 AM

Now I found that I can install modules in section "Installed modules". It allow you to install modules that you have locally, just remove filter "Installed". Before, I install modules through menu Apps and when it stop working I was surprised how can I work without modules.

Andrey Kolpakov
on 9/23/14, 11:06 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

3 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 9/22/14, 8:53 PM
Seen: 10041 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM