Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

unable to take my db backup, Can any one help me please?

By
samba
on 3/11/15, 5:55 AM 403 views

When i create my database, i  have used a password. I am using same password to take backup. But it is saying access denied. Can any one help me where is the problem?

Yenthe

--Yenthe--
| 7 7 8
Turnhout, Belgium
--Yenthe--

My Odoo blog: http://www.odoo.yenthevg.com/

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/Yenthe666

Yenthe
On 3/11/15, 5:59 AM

Hi Samba,

There is a difference between the password and the master password, have you double checked that you're not using the wrong one? You can always find the master password in the odoo-server.conf file though! It basically inside of your etc folder, so find and open it. You'll find this line:

admin_passwd = admin

admin is the master password, which is needed for taking dumps etc.

Thank you Yenthe, I am using odoo-7

samba
on 3/11/15, 6:07 AM

Then check the file openerp-server.conf under /etc/ it will be in that file :)

Yenthe
on 3/11/15, 6:10 AM

Is it possible to know my master password. I remember my master password but for cross checki. I have created another database with the master password. it is created. When i taked the same db backup using this password, it is giving access denied alert box.

samba
on 3/11/15, 6:10 AM

That file is not there in my /etc folder. I am running server manually from odoo folder like this. I will render to odoo folder and run this command. ./openerp-server --addons ./addons

samba
on 3/11/15, 6:13 AM

Well where the file is and how its named is depending on how you've installed it. Do a search for the file on your whole system, it has to be there. But it could also have another name such as odoo-server.conf for example.

Yenthe
on 3/11/15, 7:58 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/11/15, 5:55 AM
Seen: 403 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM